Katsunori Yamada Web Page
last update: Nov, 2017
My research focuses on individual and macroeconomic implications of cognitive and psychological distortions of value. Much of my research has focused on social comparisons of relative income.
I have explored this topic using a combination of classical, behavioral, and neuro-economic approaches. For more information, please visit my talk in
Kavli Frontier of Science 2016 at National Academy of Science.
Faculty of Economics, Kindai University
228-3, Shin-Kami-Kosaka, Higashi-osaka City 577-0813, JAPAN
Curriculum Vitae: July 2017
CV in Japanese
- Yamada (2008) ``Macroeconomic implications of conspicuous consumption: A Sombartian dynamic model," Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 67, 322-337.
- Arato and Yamada (2012) ``Japan's Intangible Capital and Valuation of Corporations in a Neoclassical Framework," Review of Economic Dynamics 15, 459-478.
- Behavioral economics
- Fontaine and Yamada (2014) ``Caste comparisons: Evidence from India" World Development 64, 407-419.
- Clark, Senik, and Yamada (2015) ``When Experienced and Decision Utility Concur: The Case of Income Comparisons" Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics, in press.
- Experimental economics
- Yamada and Sato (2013) ``Another Avenue for Anatomy of Income Comparisons: Evidence from Hypothetical Choice Experiments" Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 89, 35-57: cited in Handbook of Income Distribution, Volume 2
- Shigeoka and Yamada (2016, first version in 2015) ``Income-comparison Attitudes in the US and the UK: Evidence from Discrete-choice Experiments", NBER WP #21998 , Questionnaire .
- S.C. Tanaka*, K. Yamada*, R. Kitada, S. Tanaka, S.K. Sugawara, F. Ohtake, and N. Sadato (2016) ``Overstatement in happiness reporting with ordinal, bounded scale," Scientific Reports 6, 21321. (* double first-authored)
- S.C. Tanaka, K. Yamada, H. Yoneda, and F. Ohtake (2014) ``Neural Mechanisms of Gain-Loss Asymmetry in Temporal Discounting," Journal of Neuroscience 34(16), 5595-5602.
- S.C. Tanaka, K. Yamada, R. Kitada, S.K. Sugawara, S. Takahashi, F. Ohtake, and N. Sadato ``Neural mechanism of social preferences toward reference persons of the same and different gender," presented at SfN2014 by K. Yamada.
Works in progress
- ``Social Image vs Self Esteem: evidence from discrete choice experiment" with R. Perez-Truglia and H. Shigeoka.
- ``Neural correlates of language and social preferences" with T. He, E. Riyanto, S. Suzuki, and S.C. Tanaka.
Class materials (in Japanese)
Research news: neuroeconomics of time discouting (in Japanese)
Research news: income comparisons and jealous (in Japanese)